GAME ON – OLG needs you
We said GAME ON, and we mean it – OLG is rapidly transforming its organization to better serve Ontarians by delivering exceptional gaming experiences through our digital, retail lottery and land-based casino channels. In our 2019-2020 fiscal year alone, OLG achieved net income of over $2.3 billion in the province of Ontario. OLG is now expanding its horizons even further, with a new strategic direction, to become a world-class gaming entertainment leader with a globally admired digital platform.
We are ready to take this game to the next level and need an enthusiast VIP & Digital Opportunities Manager be responsible for managing and overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Digital VIP program and act as an incubator for all incoming digital business opportunities that require support and collaboration with customer service. The role collaborates with the Director of Digital Customer Service, Digital Marketing Labs, Product Teams and Business Strategy to bring value-added services to life within the Digital Customer Service team using technology, agile methodologies and sales tactics.
YOUR ROLE IN THE GAME
Reporting to the Customer Care Digital Director, you will be required to:
- Lead a team of VIP Guests in their daily operations and develop their skills and abilities through mentoring and coaching to create a high performing and engaging work environment
- Manage day-to-day operations and program performance to ensure alignment with overall strategic plan
- Monitor and manage key performance indicators and performance statistics in accordance with the strategic direction of the VIP program and digital game in order to develop corrective measures to close gaps and improve performance and customer satisfaction
- Manage the recruitment, attendance/membership, performance and development of the VIP team to ensure operational excellence
- Participate in quality, process and customer experience reviews to maintain and improve effective and efficient department processes and policies
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of relevant technologies and tools to serve as staff advisor and supervisor
- Understand risks and escalations to successfully serve as a point of contact for staff, both on-site and on-call (24/7/365)
- Understand company policies and procedures and ensure service is compliant with regards to OLG licenses, signed contracts, among others.
- Perform day-to-day operational tasks as required to support staff and high volume periods
- Support the senior management team on customer service projects specific to VIP and Outbound initiatives as needed
WHAT YOU NEED TO PLAY
Professional experience: 3-5 years of experience in a customer-focused environment; 3 years of leadership experience; Demonstrated track record of delivering exceptional experiences to high value customers;
Education: Post-secondary degree, preferably in communications, marketing, hospitality and/or related discipline or equivalent work experience; Knowledge of contact center best practices, performance measurement, technologies and job functions; Working knowledge of customer service business processes and factors affecting customer service levels
Critical Skills: Strong leadership skills with the ability to challenge and support others to achieve results and develop capability; Ability to interpret data, identify trends, produce solutions to complex problems and identify process improvement opportunities; Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to define critical issues and develop solutions; Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with colleagues at different levels of the organization; Creative spirit
Assets: Understanding of sports and/or gaming personalities; Account management; Understanding of agile methodologies; Knowledge of best practices and performance measurement as they relate to outbound services
Negotiation and influence: ability to negotiate and influence effectively while being open to perspectives and maintaining strong relationships
Strategic Thinker: strong strategic and critical thinker with the ability to immerse themselves in unique challenges and find creative solutions
Cooperation and fun: inclusive and collaborative working style while creating fun and excitement in our work
Integrity and Trust: do what is right and operate with transparency and openness
Licenses, Registrations, Certificates: AGCO Category 1 Gaming Assistant Registration (initiated at offer stage – employment is conditional on obtaining and maintaining this license)
BENEFITS OF JOINING OUR TEAM
- Part of a larger image: socially responsible company that returns all profits to the province and the people of Ontario
- Flexible work environment: to help balance work and life
- You count: family-friendly work practices and remote work
- Freedom to innovate: supports new and better ways to succeed
- Be your Authentic Self: environment that values diversity as a source of strength
- Learning galore: 24/7 access to robust online learning programs
- Public Service Pension Plan: participate in a large defined benefit pension plan sponsored by the Ontario government
- Variable compensation program: performance-based incentives to share our success (permanent OLG employees only)
Learn about OLG – PLAY AGAIN!
OLG’s goal is to contribute to a better Ontario by providing great entertainment experiences for our customers. We are a several billion dollars organization with a wide range of business lines including lottery, land-based casinos, digital lottery and casino, horse racing and charitable gaming. OLG is in the midst of a massive transformation to become customer obsessed and take our digital business to a whole new level.
The key to our success is our people. Our culture will be based on real, positive partnerships that embrace trust, clarity and openness in everything we do. We support and empower employees and teams across the organization through greater accountability, leadership development and growth opportunities. OLG is embracing more flexible work options and family-friendly work practices, including remote work.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion are essential elements of our culture, the cornerstone of our values of respect, integrity, stewardship and excellence. At OLG, our employees have the space to be themselves and use their perspectives and skills for the benefit of the people and the province of Ontario.
As we reshape and grow our business, we are unwavering when it comes to living our purpose and ensuring our business delivers meaningful results. benefits for the people of Ontario. OLG’s net profits are reinvested in the province, contributing to the quality of life of Ontarians.
To learn more about OLG, visit our website at www.olg.ca
We look forward to hearing from you, interested candidates should apply online by September 20, 2022.
OLG is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please contact Human Resources at [email protected] if you require accommodation at any time during the hiring process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.