EINDHOVEN, Netherlands, January 5, 2022 / PRNewswire-PRWeb / – Picoo, an emerging educational software company, today announced its intention to launch Picoo, the world’s first outdoor children’s game console at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2022. Picoo is a console portable and screen-less that requires no access to Wi-Fi or mobile networks during recess, allows kids to get outside again, and helps reverse the decline in fitness and physical literacy caused by out-of-school weather. excessive screen. The press will be able to familiarize themselves with Picoo for the first time during CES 2022, January 5 – 8 at booth 61928 at Eureka Park at Venetian Expo, and at Showstoppers on the evening of January 5 at the Wynn Hotel. Watch a short video of Picoo in action here.
Outdoor play is linked to the well-being, health, development and learning of children, according to Harvard Health. However, outdoor games are increasingly rare as children spend a large part of their time indoors and on screens. The COVID-19 pandemic exacerbated this development as families were forced to maintain social distancing and children spent nearly eight hours a day on computers or mobile devices – more than double the time they spent online before. pandemic – and also had to maintain a social distance with other children.
How does Picoo work.
The Picoo Children’s Outdoor Game Console bridges the gap between technology and classic outdoor play. It is aimed at ages 4 to 12, with a range of classic games like Whack-a-Mole and Hide-and-Seek. Each Picoo controller includes a central processor, a memory chip, a speaker that plays sounds and audio, an accelerometer to detect and measure movements, a vibration motor that “buzzes”, a label scanner for scan game cards, a radio network to communicate with other Picoos, LED lights and on / off button. Picoo is also always ready to play – no network connection is required to play, so there are no issues with Wi-Fi, GPS, 4G or 5G; a connection to an associated Picoo smartphone application (iOS and Android) and Bluetooth is required for version updates.
Responsive design and inclusive play.
Picoo’s adaptive design and inclusive play means every child can participate in their own way and level – no one is left out. Picoo adapts the challenge per child according to the skill level detected during a game and automatically “balances” the playing field by increasing or decreasing the challenges according to the children’s skill at the game. Picoo automatically creates teams, eliminates favoritism and the “last chosen child” phenomenon. It is ideal for mixed groups and allows children with and without special needs to play together. Games for children with special needs are also available. The end result is that kids are having fun with their friends while playing a computer game, and parents are happy that their kids are exercising and engaging with their peers outdoors.
Screen time has increased the risk of obesity in children and has unraveled the social bonds that are integral to a child’s development. A total of 39 million children under the age of five were overweight or obese in 2020, according to the World Health Organization. Childhood obesity is associated with a higher risk of obesity, premature death and disability in adulthood.
“Children are healthier and happier when they actively play together, and Picoo’s lack of a screen is 100% due to its design. children spend hours staring at a digital device or screen, playing together outdoors is no longer a rite of passage, ”said Picoo CEO and co-founder, Iris Sustained. “Picoo offers fun and intuitive gameplay and allows anyone to play, regardless of skill or physical ability, without children looking at a screen. The combination of classic games with cutting edge technology allows children to move again, helps them bond with other children outside and reduces the risk of obesity and long-term health problems. ”
Picoo Specifications and Features:
- Console features: each console includes a central processor, a memory chip, a speaker that plays sounds, an accelerometer to measure movement, a vibration motor that “buzzes”, a label scanner to scan cards , LED lights, wrist strap and on / off button.
- Battery Life: Each Picoo device takes four hours to charge and offers an average of four hours of continuous playback.
- Always ready to play: No network connection is required to play, so there are no issues with Wi-Fi, GPS, 4G or 5G; a connection to the smartphone and Bluetooth required for updates.
- Sturdy Design: Playing outside means running, jumping, falling and getting up again and again. Picoo is extremely sturdy, splash resistant and easy for children to hold.
- Picoo console dimensions: 5.78 “long x 1.9” wide x 1.9 “diameter (14.7cm x 5cm x 5cm).
- Picoo Console Weight: Each controller weighs approximately 5 ounces or 146 grams.
- What’s in the box:
* Picoo starter set for home use includes four Picoo controllers and five interactive outdoor games: Lightning Bolt, Zombierun, Kaleidoscope, Hide & Seek, Whack-a-Mole.
* Picoo Educational Kit for School Use Includes: 12 Picoo Controllers, Carry / Charging Case, and 20 Games (eight released immediately: Lightning Bolt, Spyhunt, Zombierun, Kaleidoscope, Hide & Seek, Whack-a-Mole and two educational games , Sequence and MathMania – with 12 more games to follow.
* Picoo Pro Kit for After School Programs includes: 12 Picoo Controllers, Carry / Charging Case, 20 Sets. 8 released immediately, with 12 more games to follow. Lightning Bolt, Spyhunt, Zombierun, Kaleidoscope, Hide and Seek, Whack-a-Mole, Three Musketeers and Gapper.
* Additional games: available for purchase from $ 5.
* Quick start guide and USB charging cable
- Cost: $ 249 for the Picoo starter kit or $ 1,449 for the Picoo educational kit and the Picoo Pro kit.
- Where to buy: Picoo online store
- Warranty: One year limited warranty
- Additional accessories: sold separately via the Picoo online store. Additional accessories include a four-port charger that charges all Picoos together, an expansion pack with two additional Picoo consoles, as well as additional games.
Please contact [email protected] to schedule a media interview and see Picoo in action before or during CES 2022. Access the Picoo press kit here.
Picoo is the developer and designer of the world’s first custom-designed game console for interactive outdoor play for children. A portable, screen-less console that requires no access to Wi-Fi or mobile networks during playtime, Picoo lets kids go out again – helping them stay healthy and active while working on gross motor skills, by developing their social and communication skills, stimulating creativity and allowing them to engage in imaginative play outdoors.
Founded in april 2016, Picoo is a private company based in Eindhoven, The Netherlands. Follow Picoo on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn or learn more at https://www.picoo.com.
Jessica prah, Mercury Global Partners for Picoo, +1 312 953 3257, [email protected]
Mindy M. Hull, Mercury Global Partners for Picoo, +1 415 889 9977, [email protected]